23andMe vs LifeDNA: An In-Depth Comparison
23andMe is one of the biggest players in the DNA testing industry. It has continued to offer DNA-personalized insights on ancestry and health predisposition for people from all over the world.
LifeDNA does not consider itself to be a competitor to 23andme.
Instead, while LifeDNA does provide DNA tests, we consider ourselves to be an extension to any existing DNA test. You may be amazed by the additional insights you’ll receive from an amazing 3rd party service.
In this article, we will answer all of your frequently asked questions about LifeDNA if you already have your existing 23andMe DNA test results.
What new reports will I be able to unlock when I upload my 23andMe DNA?
There are tons of reports available in LifeDNA that 23andMe does not offer.
These include our Fitness Report (20+ traits), Immunity & Vitamins Report (30+ traits), Nutrition Report (20+ traits), Skincare Report (10+ traits), Health & Wellness Report (20+ traits), and our Fertility Report (10+ traits).
Which DNA test is right for me?
Again, we do not consider ourselves to be a competitor to 23andme.
However, If you haven’t taken a DNA test yet, it is important to take note of a few things:
- First, 23andMe ships DNA tests to various countries, while LifeDNA has its DNA test kits available in the US only.
- Second, 23andMe’s DNA test offers range from $99 to $199 plus $29 for the membership
LifeDNA offers reports for as low as $39 (if you have taken a DNA test).
Our DNA test kit is available for $199. This includes a 1-year subscription already included. Check out our Health Bundle offers to learn more.
- About 30 percent of 23andMe’s traits are focused on ancestry information.
What makes LifeDNA different from 23andMe?
In this table, you’ll be able to see how LifeDNA compares with 23andme in terms of the pricing of the reports, the benefits of the subscription, the number of reports available, and more.
This can further help you decide on whether LifeDNA is right for you as a 3rd party service to maximize your 23andMe DNA test results.
|Starting price of the reports||The price of the reports starts at $39.||The lowest standard offer is their Ancestry + Traits Service for $99.|
|Membership||Includes the following:
– Access to all of LifeDNA reports and unlock more than 140+ unique traits.
– Get DNA-personalized reports on fitness, health and wellness, personality and cognition, and skincare
– Unlimited updates and trait report every month.
– 1-on-1 consultation with a genetic health expert
– Subscription to LifeDNA Genomics Newsletter
– Access to the exclusive Facebook community
– VIP customer service
|Includes the following:
– 30+ exclusive reports
– Advance DNA relative filters
– Ability to access more DNA relatives
– Exclusive access to new personalized reports
|Reports||A total of 6 reports||A total of 6 reports|
|Number of Traits||More than 140 traits||More than 120 traits|
|Continued Updates||You can get new trait reports every month.||Offers ongoing new reports and features throughout the year.|
|Focus||LifeDNA aims to help you:
– Optimize your overall health and well-being with actionable recommendations and DNA-personalized insights.
– Improve your nutrition, fitness, supplementation, and wellness by learning about your body’s response to certain foods, nutrients, and exercises.
– Discover yourself. Learning about your personality, cognition, and more.
– Live your best life by unlocking your full potential using your DNA.
23andMe’s reports focus on helping you:
– Discover your ancestry
– Learn about your personal traits and wellness.
– Knowing your genetic health predisposition, response to medications, and carrier status.
If you’re ready to get started on your DNA-personalized journey, check out our Nutrition report offer.